Kelron’s Intermodal service is a perfect complement to address your medium to long haul transportation needs when sending goods throughout North America.
Supported by leading-edge technology, our Intermodal service allows your freight to move from door-to-door in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
Using Intermodal will also help reduce your company’s carbon footprint. Consider these facts:
- Freight trains are almost four times more fuel-efficient than over-the-road trucks
- Depending on the make and model, trains can move a ton of freight between 423 to 830 miles on a single gallon of fuel
- According to the EPA, freight railroads account for just 2% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions from transportation sources and well under 1% of greenhouse gas emissions from all sources
- One double-stack train can take 300 trucks off of congested highways
Kelron’s Intermodal service offers:
- Available Capacity
- Cost Savings
- Extended Coverage and Reach
- Competitive Transit Times
- Ease of Customs Clearance
- Complete Visibility Through our Proprietary EnvisonX Order Management System
- Dedicated and Highly Responsive Customer Service
- Application of SmartWay Transport Partnership Environmental Best Practices
- Wide Range of Equipment Types, Including 40’ & 20’ Marine Containers, 53’ TOFC and COFC Regular and Temperature Controlled and 60’-86’ Box Cars
Kelron is also a proud member of the Intermodal Association of North America.
As a dedicated Intermodal Marketing Company (IMC), our team of experts has the proven expertise and competency to develop innovative solutions to any distribution challenge.
Our formal contracts with major Class 1 Railways also provide us with the ability to deliver the service quality and schedule compliance your supply chain demands.
Request a quote today!